Did the title give it away? We are making progress, people! A huge step accomplished today....we finished up our last homestudy visit with all of our documents turned in to Heaven Sent (homestudy agency).
What does this mean?
Well Stephanie said it will take a couple of weeks for her to write the homestudy report. In the meantime, we will be getting fingerprinted for the homestudy. Also during the next couple of weeks we will be working on our dossier (dos-e-ay), which is the set of paperwork going to the Congo upon acceptance of a referral. It is not that big of a deal and very small compared to other countries. In fact, some of it is repeat documents from what we needed for our homestudy so I've already sent those to Kim at OFA. So, we only have FOUR more documents to complete our dossier!!
Ok, so a couple of weeks to get the homestudy report written up. We also have to get fingerprinted for USCIS, and have to go to Nashville for that one. This will be the last thing we need to complete the
Form I-600A. The I-600A is the packet that includes the homestudy and heads up to USCIS, which is who approves us to bring an immigrant in to the country.
If I haven't lost you already, the short version is in 6-8 weeks we are looking at it being DONE! The
I-600A will be heading to USCIS and we will be paper-ready to receive a referral. In 6-8 weeks. Of course that doesn't meant that's when it will happen, but remember
--we are #2 in line for an infant girl (as far as we know)
--a group of OFA families is heading to Kinshasa in a couple of weeks to get their kiddos. Which means available spots for new babies to fill.
I love how we can see God working the timing out. He's making the way for our paths to cross a little girl He's going to place in our family!
I am just so excited! And relieved to have this chapter over. The homestudy is something that you dread and stress over and thankful to have it behind us.
Woohoo!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment